Cerec is a type of technology called CAD/CAM that gives Dr Olstein the ability to provide you with a crown or an inlay in only one appointment. You don’t need to arrange a full mouth impression, you don’t need temporary crowns and there is no need for a secondary visit to fit your crowns, which also means no second injection!
What is Cerec?
Cerec stains for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, or CEramic REConstruction. It is a method of CAD (Computer-Aided Design) and CAM (Computer-Aided Manufacturing) dentistry that was developed about 30 years ago.
This technology allows dentists to create, produce and fit individual ceramic crowns and inlays in the chair, in just one appointment. It takes out the need for lab work in between impressions and fitting, which allows the whole process to be completed in one appointment.
What Happens During a Cerec Crown and Inlay Procedure?
- Firstly, we will need to examine your teeth to determine the extent of any damage or decay. We may take X-rays depending on how visible the damage is. This step will also allow us to determine if you need a crown or an inlay in order to restore the damaged tooth or teeth.
- Next, we will prepare the damaged tooth or teeth by removing all the decay—this is a similar process to the way that your tooth is prepared for a filling. You will be given local anaesthetic but sleep dentistry techniques can also be discussed.
- An optical image will then be taken, using a small camera, which is [placed in your mouth. This will give us an accurate 3D image of the tooth, which will assist in creating the crown or inlay that will eventually be fitted.
- Using the image, Dr Olstein will then mill out the restoration from a solid block of porcelain. This step takes approximately 40-minutes and you will be allowed to rest up in the waiting room.
- The crown or inlay will then be temporarily fitted into your mouth while Dr Olstein makes the final adjustment until the perfect and most comfortable fit is found. Once you are happy with the fit the crown or inlay will be bonded into place and in just one appointment your damaged tooth will be restored to its former glory! We will then polish the crown or inlay until it matches the rest of your teeth and no one will ever be able to tell that you have had your teeth restored. The whole process will take between 1-2 hours.
Why Visit Dr Olstein for Your Cerec Crown or Inlay Treatment?
- 30 Years of Experience: Your teeth are precious and you want someone that you can rely on to care for them. Dr Olstein has had more than 30 years of experience in dental surgery techniques and he has mastered them all. You can trust him to deliver the most sophisticated cerec crown or inlay treatment available.
- Friendly and Attentive Staff: We have always placed an enormous emphasis on creating a warm environment, as we want our patients to feel welcome and relaxed whenever they attend our clinic. You’ll be treated as a friend, not as a patient.
- Personalised Treatment Plan: There isn’t one way to conduct a dental treatment. Your cerec crown or inlay treatment will be tailored to your specific needs. That also extends to the effort we make to ensure that you feel comfortable throughout your treatment. If the thought of going to the dentist terrifies you let us know, and we’ll come up with a way to make the whole experience far less frightening.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
How to Book a Cerec Crown or Inlay Appointment
If you’re looking for an alternative to traditional crowns, then the cerec option might be just what you’ve been looking for. You can call our friendly team on 03 9510 1644, or complete our quick and easy online booking form.