Our dental hygienists work closely with Dr Olstein to meet and exceed, the oral health needs of all our patients.
If you want to keep your own teeth for life, maintaining the health of your gums is paramount. Luckily, gum and other dental diseases are largely preventable these days, particularly if you take advantage of the oral health program provided by our caring dental hygienists.
All our dental hygienists are highly trained experts, experienced in the maintenance of gum health and the prevention of tooth decay. Our hygienists can assist in the treatment of early on-set gum disease, the scaling of tartar, and the maintenance of the health of your mouth, teeth and gums.
We advise appointments with our dental hygienist a minimum of every six months. If the health of your teeth and gums needs a little additional help, then you may need to visit us more frequently.
How Can a Dental Hygienist Help Me?
Plaque is a bacterial film that builds up on your teeth on a daily basis. If not removed by proper brushing and flossing, then this plaque becomes a hard, crusty deposit called tartar (sometimes known as calculus) that can no longer be removed by brushing alone. Accumulated deposits of tartar cause bleeding gums and, ultimately, permanent loss of bone loss in your jaw, which supports your teeth. Often pain develops and teeth become loose, before needing to be taken out.
Our dental hygienists are always happy to help with a range of other oral health needs, including:
- Teaching you appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain the health of your teeth or gums. If your children need some help, we can demonstrate optimum tooth brushing and flossing techniques.
- Taking preliminary impressions of your teeth for further use in dental implants, crowns and even mouthguards.
- Taking your dental health history, including any necessary x-rays, prior to Dr Olstein performing a more thorough examination.
Why Visit Our Dental Hygienist?
- In-depth Experience: Every member of our team, including our dental hygienists, have accrued a considerable amount of experience over the course of their careers. Plus, Dr Olstein himself has more than 30 years of expertise in general dentistry, sleep dentistry, and cosmetic dentistry. Our team really has treated every type of dental issue imaginable.
- A Focus on Comfort: Dr Olstein’s practise, and every single team member, is dedicated to making your dental experience as comfortable as possible. Our dental hygienists understand that a dentist appointment can be scary and stressful. That’s why we do everything we can to keep you relaxed; we even provide sleep dentistry services where required.
- Specially Tailored Treatments: everyone has different dental issues. That’s why we design every one of our patients a different treatment plan. Our hygienists will adopt different scaling techniques, and focus on different areas of your teeth and gums depending on your individual needs.
- Friendly, Caring Attitude: all our dental hygienist are friendly, caring and approachable. You, your dental health, and your comfort really are our number one priority. We’re here to help you. So, feel free to ask us any questions, and share any concerns. Together, we can rectify your dental issues.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
Book A Dental Hygienist Appointment
If you have any questions about your dental health, or would like to book an appointment for a scale and clean with our dental hygienist in Melbourne, all you have to do is call 03 9510 1644—our friendly team is ready and happy to assist. Alternatively, complete our easy online booking form to lock in an appointment time today.
Keep in mind that we advise an appointment with our dental hygienist every six months, and more frequently if your oral health needs some extra help.