Dental x-rays allow Dr Olstein to get a clear picture of the internal health of your teeth, gums and mouth. Dr Olstein uses digital x-rays which use very low levels of radiation to create a picture of the interior of teeth and gums, and identify problems such as decay, bone loss or abscesses.
When Will a Dental X-Ray Be Used?
Dr Olstein may use x-rays to diagnose a particular problem and work out the best course of action. If you’re visiting us for the first time, we will likely take some x-rays as part of your general dental check-up, just to be sure that we have a complete understanding of your oral health. The following factors will influence whether x-ray imaging is used as part of your general dental check-up:
- Oral health
- History of symptoms of oral disease
- History of gum disease
What Happens During a Dental X-Ray
The entire process is incredibly simple and completely painless. All you have to do is either sit or stand while the machine is positioned to take a picture of the desired area. In a few minutes, all the pictures will be taken and available for viewing.
The amount of radiation used during a dental x-ray is so small that there is no danger and even less with digital x-rays. It has been estimated that the amount of radiation received from a dental x-ray is the same as that received from background radiation by walking around outside for a few days.
Why Visit Dr Olstein?
- Your Comfort is Our First-Priority: we understand that people find visits to the dentist confronting, and even if it is something straightforward and painless, you may be harbouring concerns. We will ensure you feel comfortable the entire time by attending to your concerns and putting measures in place to allay your fears and make your trip to the dentist a positive experience.
- Experience you can rely on: you can’t beat 30-years of experience, and that’s why Dr George Olstein has become the first-choice for people looking for a dentist they can rely on.
- We design custom treatment plans: no patient is the same, and no dental problem is the same. Dentists who promise ‘one-size-fits-all’ treatments can’t provide you with the care you need. We treat every patient as an individual, and that means taking all factors into account before we create a treatment plan for you.
- We pride ourselves on our friendly approach: we want you to feel comfortable at all times, and that’s why we’ve filled our clinic with friendly, attentive staff that are there to provide you with first-class care.
How to Book a Dental X-Ray Appointment
If something doesn’t quite feel right, or you just want a dental check-up, you’ve found the perfect place: Dr Olstein’s Dental Surgery. Best of all, getting in contact couldn’t be easier. You can call our friendly team on (03) 9998 2113, or complete our quick and easy online booking form.