It is important to brush your teeth at least twice daily and regularly floss, to help maintain your oral health. You can also help protect your teeth and gums by visiting Dr George Olstein for regular dental check-ups. We recommend that everyone have a dental visit at least once every six months. And, if you’ve had extensive dental issues in the past, we may even recommend that you visit us more frequently.
Visiting the friendly team at Dr Olstein regularly will help prevent the build-up of plaque and tartar on your teeth and gums. This greatly reduces the risk of more serious, expensive dental issues occurring as well as some medical issues. Scheduled dental appointments allow us to pinpoint problems quickly, before they turn into major issues.
You should book a routine six monthly check-up and hygiene visit as soon as you have finished your current course of dental treatment. Alternatively, to make it easy for you, we can also send out check-up reminders. That way, you know when you are due for your next appointment. You can then give us a call or complete our online form to request an appointment at a convenient time for you.
What Happens During a Dental Check-Up
While your dental check-up will vary depending on your individual needs. If you visit Dr Olstein for a dental check-up, you can expect any (or a combination) of:
- Oral Examination: much of your routine dental check-up will be spent on a thorough examination of your whole mouth. With a focus on your teeth, gums and signs of any oral diseases. The objective of this is to identify changes or the onset of oral health problems as early as possible.
- Scale and Clean: a thorough scale and clean of your teeth goes hand-in-hand with regular dental check-ups. We use an ultrasonic dental instrument to gently remove tartar that builds up on your teeth. After this, we carefully polish with a rubber brush that gently rotates to remove any further plaque and stains.
- X-rays: if Dr Olstein suspects that your teeth may be harbouring problems such as decay or gum disease, then we may need to take dental X-rays. These are completely painless, and take a mere matter of seconds.
- Treatment Plan: if, as a result of your examination or X-rays, Dr Olstein discovers any problems, we may recommend a particular course of treatment, which may require several visits.
- Keeping you informed: after your check-up is complete, Dr Olstein is happy to discuss with you an issues or concerns he has about your dental health and the best course of action to make sure your teeth and gums remain as healthy as they can be.
We understand that a visit to the dentist can be particularly traumatic for small children, unused to the strange noises, sights and sounds of a dental surgery.
As a father himself (and now a grandfather), Dr Olstein is adept at making children comfortable and at ease.
What We Need To Know
Oral health is very closely entwined with your general health and wellbeing. That’s why it is vital that you share any concerns you may have with our friendly team.
It’s also important to let the team know if you have been experiencing any pain or toothaches or perhaps noticed any other recent changes in your mouth. Furthermore, please let us know if there are any new general health issues since your last visit or new medications you are taking.
Why Visit Dr George Olstein?
- Expert Experience: we really do know everything there is know about oral health and dental care, from general dentistry to cosmetic dentistry and everything in between. Dr Olstein has gained all this experience throughout his illustrious 30 year career. Dr Olstein has worked in both Australia and overseas, honing his techniques and knowledge. He is well versed in new technology, as well as more traditional methods.
- Care and Support: having worked in dentistry for more than 30 years, Dr Olstein knows, first-hand, just how stressful a trip to the dentist can be. And, if you suffer from dental phobia, it can be nearly impossible. That’s why we do everything we possibly can to keep you relaxed, calm and comfortable, even providing sleep dentistry services.
- Individual Treatment Programs: we deliver tailored, individualised treatment plans for each and every patient. Just as no two patients are the same, we believe that no two treatment plans should be the same either. With Dr Olstein taking care of your teeth, you can rest assured of a treatment program tailored just for you. No extras, no incidentals—just the treatment you need.
- Warm, Friendly and Caring: given the stresses and anxieties that a visit to the dentist causes, our team works tirelessly to maintain a warm, comfortable, caring atmosphere. Above all, we want you to be at ease. We are always happy to answer any questions, and take any steps necessary to ensure you overcome your fears.
Book Regular Check Ups with Dr George Olstein
If you are in need of regular dental assistance, or any other type of dental care, please don’t hesitate to book your appointment online now or give us a call on 03 9510 1644. Our team of attentive, friendly staff are on hand to help.