Dental inlays improve decay or trauma damaged teeth. This restoration treatment is perfect for the back teeth. The inlays are typically made from porcelain (ceramic) to create a seamless blend with the natural teeth.
The inlay sits within the tooth, in line with the prepared tooth.
What Happens During an Inlay Procedure?
Your inlay procedure will consist of the following:
- Local anaesthetic ensures there is no pain during the preparation
- Decay is removed from the tooth
- The remaining tooth structure is precisely prepared to receive an inlay
A Cerec machine is then used to:
- Capture an image of the prepared tooth for the milling machine. This usually takes around 45 minutes.
- Once milled, the inlay is checked for fit and adjusted if necessary. After fitting, your dentist polished the inlay.
Inlays last for many years with proper care.
Why Visit Dr Olstein for Your Inlay Treatment?
- 30 Years of Experience: When it comes to something as precious as your teeth, you want an expert on hand. Expertise only comes from experience, and after 30 years of experience in the dental industry, you’re in the best possible hands with Dr George Olstein.
- Friendly and Attentive Staff: We know that visiting the dentist can create some apprehension. To combat this, we’ve filled our clinic with friendly staff, that will allay all your fears and attend to any and all of your concerns.
- Personalised Treatment Plan: No tooth is the same, so no two inlay treatments can ever be the same. This approach ensures that you get an inlay that is comfortable, invisible and helps to restore the health of your teeth and mouth.
How to Book an Inlay Appointment
If you have a decayed or damaged tooth that needs attention, an inlay could save you from having to get the tooth extracted. You can call our friendly team on 03 9510 1644, or complete our quick and easy online booking form.